Adaptability means being flexible when things change and normal routine is disturbed. Person with high adaptability quotient is always open to new ideas and concepts, can working independently or as a part of any team, and to carrying out multiple tasks or projects. We can call someone as adaptable if he/she is able to manage multiple assignments and tasks, set priorities, and adapt to changing conditions and/or work assignments.
Self-organisation is the ability to work in an ordered and methodical manner, both professionally & personally, and being efficient and productive at the same time. Better self-organisational skills help us to cope with the world around us and are essential if we want to achieve personal goals as well as perform well in our job. These skills help keep us focused on doing the right tasks, help us set our priorities and give us the confidence that we are following our chosen pathway to our desired destination
Good self-organisation requires the ability to prioritise, plan, manage time and work to deadlines. Self-organisation is required for managing our time, resources, relationships, information, our environment, pressure, and our behaviour.
Lack of self-organisation may cause difficulties with the following:
- Managing multiple assignments and tasks;
- Setting priorities;
- Adapting to changing conditions and/or work assignments;
- Employing methods, skills, and strategies to effectively direct one’s own activities toward the achievement of identified objectives, for example:
- Endeavouring to reach goals within a finite time by setting deadlines;
- making decisions;
- planning and scheduling;
- tracking tasks and achievements;
- self-reviewing and evaluation;
- Selecting, using and managing relevant resources.