Each child is born in this world with some inherent talent or we call it as aptitudes or multiple intelligence. This is evident when you observe them and find that someone is good in drawing or has natural flair for maths or good in interacting with others etc. These observations when documented scientifically can create an analytic to understand and nurture children differently in different domains.
Once we identify the strong aptitudes we can create an environment for specific learning. This will make the child happy and eager for learning leading to better focus and concentration.
Intelligence or aptitudes is a uniform cognitive capacity people are born with.
According to Howard Gardner, intelligence is:
- The ability to create an effective product or offer a service that is valued in a culture;
- A set of skills that make it possible for a person to solve problems in life;
- The potential for finding or creating solutions for problems, which involves gathering new knowledge.
All human beings have multiple intelligences. These multiple intelligences can be nurtured and strengthened, or ignored and weakened. Each individual has nine intelligences:
- Verbal-Linguistic Intelligence — well-developed verbal skills and sensitivity to the sounds, meanings and rhythms of words
- Mathematical-Logical Intelligence — ability to think conceptually and abstractly, and capacity to discern logical or numerical patterns
- Musical Intelligence — ability to produce and appreciate rhythm, pitch and timber
- Visual-Spatial Intelligence — capacity to think in images and pictures, to visualize accurately and abstractly
- Bodily-Kinesthetic Intelligence — ability to control one’s body movements and to handle objects skilfully
- Interpersonal Intelligence — capacity to detect and respond appropriately to the moods, motivations and desires of others.
- Intrapersonal Intelligence — capacity to be self-aware and in tune with inner feelings, values, beliefs and thinking processes
- Naturalist Intelligence — ability to recognize and categorize plants, animals and other objects in nature
- Existential Intelligence — sensitivity and capacity to tackle deep questions about human existence, such as the meaning of life, why do we die, and how did we get here.
Lot of research is been done in this area by Howard Gardner and according to him:
- All human beings possess all nine intelligences in varying amounts.
- Each person has a different intellectual composition.
- We can improve education by addressing the multiple intelligences of our students.
- These intelligence’s are located in different areas of the brain and can either work independently or together.
- These intelligence’s may define the human species.
If you start working on strong aptitudes, later in life the interest & personality of the child gets aligned to give him/her life contentment.
We at EQ4C are always at forefront to provide best possible solution to uphold the inherent talents. We have created the specific modules to find out inherent talent/multiple intelligence/aptitudes in students of class/standard 1 to 6.
Parents can take initiative and make their children undergo this simple testing module to Know Inherent Talents to Nurture Your Child in Standard 1 to 6