What is CAREER COUNSELLING
Career development is a lifelong process that, whether you know it or not, actually started when you were born! There are a number of factors that influence your career development, including your:
- Background and circumstances.
Career Counselling is a process that will help you to know and understand yourself and the world of work in order to make career, educational, and life decisions.
Career development is more than just deciding on school/stream/course/college and what job you want to get when you graduate. It really is a lifelong process, meaning that throughout your life you will change, situations will change, and you will continually have to make career and life decisions.
The goal of Career Counselling is to not only help you make the decisions you need to make now, but to give you the knowledge and skills you need to make future career and life decisions.
What can you expect from Career Counsellor?
- Help you figure out who you are and what you want out of your education, your career, and your life.
- Be someone for you to talk to about your thoughts, ideas, feelings, and concerns about your career and educational choices, which will help you to sort out, organize, and make sense of your thoughts and feelings.
- Help you identify the factors influencing your career development, and help you assess your interests, abilities, and values.
- Help you locate resources and sources of career information.
- Help you to determine next steps and develop a plan to achieve your goals.
Who needs Career Counselling?
Since career development is a lifelong process, Career Counselling can be appropriate for anyone, including school students, junior college students, pursuing graduates, and even students of professional courses like engineering and management. The earlier you get started making intentional decisions about your future, however, the better prepared you will be!
Our Career Counsellors
EQ4C Career Counsellors are highly experienced in career development theory, counselling techniques, administration and interpretation of assessments, and career information resources.
Your career attainment process is also a critical aspect of your career development, and therefore, Job Search Advising and Career Counselling are intertwined. Our Career Counsellors are fully trained to assist with all aspects of your job search.
We recommend that all students should come in and visit EQ4C to initiate systematic career planning process.